Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas is two weeks away! I feel like I've been planning this trip all year. It's been a few years since we've been in Vegas and there is so much to do. The one thing I have to keep in mind is that I'm there to run a race, I can have all the fun and stay on track.
Of course we are going to be traveling and sightseeing, but why not make it fun? This week on Five Things Friday I'm going to share five little healthy tips while in Las Vegas to help you stay on track while on vacation.
1. The Las Vegas strip is very easy to navigate. Set a plan and walk instead of taking a cab. Get those steps in on the way to the buffet! Each hotel is different. Why not walk for each hotel to another. Playing a slot machine? Set a number of minutes you will be on a machine then walk to the complete other end of the casino and pick another. As long as you are moving, you are keeping up your cardio.
2. Take the stairs! It sounds so simple, but most places have escalators. Take the steps and get the blood flowing. Even adding in a few sets of stairs will make such a difference.
3. Sure, a buffet sounds great, but most people load up plates and overeat. I'm not telling you to skip the buffet, but try taking smaller portions at the buffet. It will force you to move around instead of just sitting and eating.
4. Stay hydrated. It's hot in Las Vegas all the time. Staying hydrated is the easiest thing you can do to keep healthy. You can buy water everywhere on the strip, but bring a refillable bottle so you always have something on you.
5. SUNSCREEN! You are in the desert. The sun is always out, all year long. Pack a small bottle of sunscreen with you. Skin cancer is a real threat and can happen at any point. Enjoy the pool and the outdoors, after you apply your sunscreen.
No matter what you do, you will have an awesome vacation. From shows to food, there is something for everyone. If you are going to be running Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas make sure you check out the We Run Social meet up at 3:30 in front of the VIP tent on race day! If you are around on Saturday, you can also join myself, Briana and Brandi as we host a We Run Social meetup before the 5k! More details coming soon! Make sure you check out vegas.com, from shows to food, there is something for everyone!
What are some of your favorite Las Vegas adventures? What do I need to add to my list?