It's February!! It's race month!! IT'S ALMOST TIME TO GO TO DISNEY WORLD!! This has been really fun training for a race that will end with a trip to Disney World. When I reached my peak training week this week, I knew time would fly before it was time for the race.
I am linking up with Running On Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for this weeks Five Things Friday. Their topic this week is gym/workout space. Since I really don't have a gym I go to, I decided I would share my February goals with everyone!
1. Sub-1:50 half marathon. I have been really clear about my intentions for Princess. I need a better proof of time for the Disney Marathon in 2018. Anything better than the 1:56 I have now is the goal, but with the amount of people who run Disney, I want to just have a little bit of separation.
2. Continue strength training. I have enjoyed adding some strength training in to my schedule, but as my mileage has increased I haven't been getting all three workouts in every week. I need to make it a priority this month. Marathon training starts soon!
3. 100 mile month. With my race being at the end of the month, a 100 mile month shouldn't be a problem. Again, marathon training starts soon and I need to make sure my body can handle the mileage.
4. Focus on recovery. I have been doing a really good job of using my rest days as recovery. I need to focus a little more on stretching during my rest days and watching my fluids.
5. DISNEY WORLD! Have I mentioned we are going to Disney? I am going to Disney with a bunch of my friends and I really just want to have a magical time. No matter what happens at the race, I am going to enjoy this trip.
It's a short month, but there is lots of work to do to finish out strong. I hope you all are starting it out right!
What are your February goals? Are you building up to anything?